1/4 tsp ground ginger

1 large red onion, chopped
    5 cloves garlic, minced
    2 jalapeno peppers, minced
    1 cup coconut milk
    3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn

1lb. protein: ground beef, cubed beef/lamb/chicken

Directions

1. Combine spices in a small bowl and set aside.

2. Saute meat/chicken until it's nicely browned and cooked through. Feel free to add a little EVOO if you're feeling like you need some healthy oils. Salt and pepper is nice, too.

3. Take the meat out of the pan, and throw in the onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Stir fry until tender and onions are translucent. Don't burn the garlic! (I often come dangerously close to burning the garlic because I like the stove on HIGH.)

4. Add the meat back into the pan and add the spices. Stir fry 'til fragrant; about a minute.

5. Add the coconut milk and basil leaves. Simmer until the meat is cooked through and the sauce thickens a bit.

Serve over steamed green beans, zucchini, chopped spinach, chopped cauliflower, spaghetti squash, or
    curry fried f'rice. (I like to mix chopped spinach with finely diced cauliflower; delicious and so healthy it's ridiculous.)

Also really nice with sliced fresh tomatoes and sliced cucumbers on the side. Bonus points if you squeeze lemon juice over them and top with chopped fresh parsley.

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am