Primal Peachy Posts Recipes

Collection of Paleo and Primal

Pina Colada Chicken & Calypso Confetti Cauliflower

primalpeachy

Post  primalpeachy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 am

theclothesmakethegirl.blogspot.com

This recipe makes enough for 2; easy to double or triple!

Ingredients
    8 oz. grilled chicken (If you don't have already grilled chicken you can just dice the chicken and saute it in some olive oil, then set aside.)
    1/2 cup unsweetened, crushed pineapple
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    juice of 1 lime
    2 garlic clove, crushed
    pinch of cayenne pepper
    1/2 cup onion, finely diced
    1 green pepper, finely diced
    1/2 red pepper, finely diced
    1 carrot, grated
    2-3 cups grated cauliflower
    olive oil or coconut oil for sautéeing

Directions1. Make the sauce. Place the coconut milk, pineapple, lime juice, garlic clove, and cayenne, in a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium while you make the rest of the meal.

2. Prep the vegetables & chicken. Dice the peppers and onion in a 1/4-inch dice; try to make them all the same size so they cook evenly. Shred the carrot with a grater or peeler. Turn the cauliflower to "rice" in a food processor or with a grater; see this link for details. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.

This is where things start happening faster. Get ready! Dinner is so close, and it's really tasty.

3. Cook the vegetables. Put some oil in a saute pan. I used 1 teaspoon for the onions, peppers, and carrot – cook those vegetables until they're tender and starting to brown. Then I added another 2 teaspoons of oil, the cauliflower, a pretty good sprinkle of salt, and stir-fried the whole thing 'til it was hot and slightly browned.

4. Heat the chicken. I used the microwave. You can also just throw in the chicken on top of the veggies and re-heat it that way.

5. Assemble. Make a bed of Calypso Confetti Cauliflower on a plate, then top with the diced chicken. Remove the sauce from the stove and take a big whiff – it smells heavenly! Pour the sauce over the

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 am